Dove Nourishing Oil Care Repair Mask Review

Hey all. Today I am going talk about the Repair Mask, the last member in the Dove Nourishing Oil Care kit, that I received few weeks ago. Till date, I have tried only two hair masks, once in a hair spa (I don't remember the name of the product the beautician used) and the other is from L’Oreal Total Repair 5 range, but none made any perceptible difference to my frizzy hair. So, I didn’t have any high expectations from this, as in general Dove products rarely work for me. Still I thought of using it and here is my view on it.



PRICE:  Rs.300 

QUANTITY: 200 ml 

WHAT IT CLAIMS:
“Deep inside nourishment and repair for 99% smoother hair based on a lab test in comparison with a non-conditioning shampoo. The vita oils are supposedly a blend of coconut, almond and sunflower oils and are absorbed rapidly. They nourish the hair without leaving it greasy.”

INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS TO USE:




MY EXPERIENCE: This is a weekly repair mask which I have used in two different ways. First was just an experiment that I did 2-3 times, I tried this on, from middle to tips of my dry hair (like pre-shampoo oil), kept it for 20-30 minutes and shampooed and then used the Dove Nourishing Oil Care conditioner. The other method was, as given in directions I applied it on my shampooed hair in place of the conditioner and kept it on for 5-7 minutes. In both cases, I didn’t see it making any huge difference to my hair than that I receive from normal Shampoo + Conditioner.


WHAT I LIKED:

  • It has butter smooth consistency and spreads easily on the hair.
  • It gives shine and bit of smoothness to the hair.
  • Doesn’t make hair oily and limpy.
  • Hair stays soft till next day.
  • I like its strong fragrance and it persists till next day.
  • The 200 ml pack would last really long.

WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:

  • No visible change in the frizz.
  • Doesn’t help when hair becomes wiry in this dry winter days.

VERDICT: It was neither bad nor much good experience for me and I don’t see why I would invest on this when I am getting better results with their conditioner. If you don’t have frizzy hair and just want some shine and softness then you can try out this product.


RATINGS:  3.5 out of 5

** Being a member of  IndiBlogger.com, I received this in a gift hamper of Dove Nourishing Oil Care Range but it doesn't influence my honest opinion! Read my disclaimer.

15 comments:

  1. i experienced the same thing pooja ... :) nice review

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rids Thanks :) which one is ur fave from this range?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review Pooja..I wont bother trying this now. maybe the matrix haircare range.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Prachi Thanks dear. I really liked the conditioner from this range. Other than that. barring the shampoo (which I haven't used). I didn't see any great results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like it's just an ordinary hair conditioner that you can use daily.. Great review!



    love your blog! following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately I've had the same experience with Dove products...I've stopped believing in all hair products in general anyway haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sushee Thanks and welcome to my blog :)

    @Chococcuro Ya Dove doesn't work for me most of the times!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) sweets for me somehow this mask worked better than the conditioner :)) weird na :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Rekha: Really? That's good.:D But it didn't tame my frizz :|

    ReplyDelete
  10. dove mostly gives me bad dandruff.. i don't know, cant find my HG hair products yet.. my scalp gets itchy easily =(( thanks for sharing hun =)) mmuah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dove products have never worked for me :( the shampoo gives me a lot of dandruff and the conditioner a lot of hairfall.. :( so i really dunno if its worth investing in their new range.. :|
    Thank you for the review :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Viya I know..... many people swear by it and the others hate it completely. :| n u r welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man's like beauty. a man get more beautiful when he/she used BEAUTY PRODUCT. Now a day's BEAUTY PRODUCT is using all over the world. men and woman both useBEAUTY PRODUCTThere are many kinds of beauty product such as hear product, Teeth product, Baby product etc. Most of the developing country men are useBEAUTY PRODUCT.BEAUTY PRODUCT.BEAUTY PRODUCT
    are recognized by Internationally. In every country we can found this using of BEAUTY PRODUCT. It is very useful for a women to look her more than Beauty. So we can realized to important of BEAUTY PRODUCT

    TO KNOW MORE INFORMATION ABOUT BEAUTY PRODUCT PLEASE CLECK NATURAL BEAUTY PRODUCT

    Natural beauty products

    ReplyDelete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)