Hey gals! How are you doing? Today I am going to review the Philips SalonStraight Active Ion HP8310 Hair Straightener, which is my first ever hair straightener ever. So read on to know more.
QUANTITY: 1 straightener
WHAT IT CLAIMS:
Beautifully styled hair:
- 210C professional high heat for perfect salon results
- Ion Conditioning for shiny, frizz free hair
Less hair damage
- Ceramic plates for smooth gliding and shiny hair
Ease of use :
- Fast heat up time, ready to use in 60 seconds
- Automatic shut-off after 60 min
- Easy lock for convenient storage
- Swivel cord to prevent tangled wires
- 1.8 m cord for maximum flexibility
- Universal voltage
- Long swivel cord.
- Thin purple plates
- Mini On/Off switch.
- Easy lock.
As this was my first hair straightener, I was quite apprehensive about using it correctly, without causing any damage to my hair. However, I found it quite easy to handle and use beign a first time user, although I had a few mishaps too. First thing is that, it heats up pretty fast, within 60 secs, and I prefer to switch off the button before putting it on my hair, to lessen the heat damage, and go over each section of hair 2-3 times, and switch it on again to heat up and use it on other sections of hair. This is entirely my own process of using it, as I have semi straight hair which doesn't require much heat and I also use a heat protector spray to prevent further damages. Secondly, I would like to warn you that, never use it on wet hair, not even semi wet or slightly wet, unless you want to get steamed-fried hair. Yeah I got a one-time experience of that, with steam coming out of my hair and that frying sound. :P
For best results, I follow this process-> Spray the heat protector spray on semi wet hair, use a hair dryer on medium heat to dry up hair, then use the straightener. Coming to the results, it adds a glossy shine, and gives perfect salon like straight hair, yet it doesn't feel wiry/rough, but very soft and smooth to touch (the added benefit of the heat protector spray I guess), and combats the frizz problem of my hair exceptionally well, the sole reason I got this straightener for.
|Just combed through hair. As you can see my hair is frizzy and slightly wavy and almost shapeless.|
|It does look much better and shinier and in a proper shape. ;) ( Oops I missed some strands at the back. :P )|
WHAT I LIKED:
- Gives perfect salon like hair.
- The ionic plates adds a glossy shine to hair and combats frizz.
- Lightweight and easy to handle.
- Love the overall effective, compact design and the classy look.
- The straightened effect lasts more than 9 hours on me, with very little frizz/flyaways (I have/had straight hair, which got a little wavy due to all the layers).
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- Won't work on wet hair.
- Not a con for any specific straightner, but the whole process is quite time consuming. :P
VERDICT: If you are looking for a moderate priced hair straightener that really works, then Philips Salon-Straight Active Ion HP8310 can be a great option.
RATINGS: 4.5 out of 5