In the whole time I have been blogging for, I have always put forward my views on both the positive and the negative sides of a product. I try to make every product work for me in some way or other, and never thought of product-bashing (is that a word?). But, yes today I think, for the first time on B.B.B there is going to be one such event, my review on HipHop Skin Care Facial Wax Strips. Now I am not a rude person (umm... I think so), so this post won't be having any *beep* words if you were wondering :P.
RATINGS: 1 out of 5
QUANTITY: 6 double sided wax strips
INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS TO USE:
MY EXPERIENCE: This was an impulse buy, just for emergency purposes. But, this itself called for an emergency when I used it for the first time. For reference, see the gross picture below when I tried it on my upper lip area for the first time,
Sorry for the crappy quality picture, but I hope can you see the nick marks on my skin in the circled area. Yes, that was my first experience and I was horrified, and oh it didn't remove the facial hair at all as expected, not even on my fingers, on which I tried the other half of a single strip. Just for the sake of the review I thought of giving it a second chance. No, I didn't dare to try it on my face again but on my toes. I tried to remove the little fine hair there on my big toe (I promise I am not a hairy gorilla if the thought crossed your mind ;)) ), but, ha! there was still half of them visible on my toe though the strip tried hard to remove some.
WHAT I LIKED:
- Only the price..maybe!
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- I tried to warm up the strip for more than 30secs between the palms, but I didn't see much softening of the wax to begin with.
- It failed to remove the fine hairs from my face, fingers and toes. DUH!
- If you try the same strip on the same spot many times, the wax gets stuck on the skin.
- It irritated my upper lip area (maybe due to the wax that got stuck which I tried hard to remove and it resulted in those ugly marks).
- The depil towelettes are hardly soothing to my irritated skin after the painful waxing process.
VERDICT:I am definitely staying away from it. Try this at your own risk!
RATINGS: 1 out of 5