Hey all my lovely readers. Today I am going to review the Oriflame Lash Explosion Mascara that I have been using for the last month.
Since I don’t use much makeup on daily basis, things like mascara gets quite neglected most of the times by me :P. Yet I wanted to try one and decided to go for Oriflame. I wanted to buy the Oriflame Giordani Gold VIP Volume Mascara but it was out of stock so went for this one as per the suggestion of the representative I got it through.
PRICE: Rs.398 (Catalogue discount: Rs. 198)
QUANTITY: 2 x 5 ml
INGREDIENTS: AQUA, PARAFFIN, CERA ALBA, CERA CARNAUBA, STEARIC ACID, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ACACIA SENEGAL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, VP/ VA COPOLYMER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, NYLON-12, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM EDTA, PANTHENOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, BHT, CETEARETH-20, PHOSPHOLIPIDS, PEG-12 DIMETHICONE, PHENOXYETHANOL (From website)
WHAT IT CLAIMS:
Dual-ended black mascara for the ultimate spectacular lash look. The first coat gives stunning length and the second coat gives extreme volume. The result is ultra-dramatic, super-size lashes.
I used this mascara with and without any basic/proper eye makeup. I can say that I never felt any undying love for this mascara hence the list of cons will be a bit larger, so BEWARE!
WHAT I LIKED:
- It comes with this new technology of first lengthening and then volumizing up your lashes which intrigued me.
- The mascara didn’t give much clumps on my eyes.
- Price on discount was quite reasonable.
- Packaging is attractive enough.
- When I applied it on my eye makeup done with concealer, eyeshadow, kohl liner, the effect seemed nice and proper. I concluded one need to be patient while doing the eye makeup and take time to apply the mascara properly, only then it might work!
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- I feel the product I received is quite dried up. Don’t know if the consistency is just like that or is it only my product.
- The mascara gives me spiky straight lashes if not applied properly. Needs multiple coats of both the sides to lengthen and volumize up your lashes.
- The Length side worked a little and separated the lashes, even the small ones, however the Volume part failed to volumize even a bit.
- I am not a pro but I didn’t feel the bristles of the brush were decent enough to do the job it claims.
- No Mfg. date is given on the product. Only the import date is given! I don’t like it as one doesn’t get the idea when the product will be expired!
- The original price is a turnoff. One could get better mascaras from other brands at that price.
- Available through Oriflame consultants only.
No I won’t buy this again and won’t recommend you to buy this one.
RATINGS: 3 out of 5