Hey friends hope you had a great time on Christmas and enjoying the holidays. I am loving the chilly weather and the lazy afternoons. And the holidays are providing me with ample time to play around with my makeup stuff, plan for my blog posts and come up with some new ideas. :)
So today I would like to talk about the Motives® Pressed Eye Shadows that I received recently for review purposes. The shades that I got, Studio 54 and Star Struck are of shimmer variant.
WHAT THEY CLAIM:
Primary Benefits of Motives® Pressed Eye Shadow:
- Impeccable color retention that does not run or crease so you always look your best
- Even, smooth and silky application for a glamorous glow
- Deflects the light away from fine lines, skin imperfections and hyper-pigmentation, creating a flawless look
- Mix and match to create a soft, natural or dramatic look
- Paraben, fragrance and oil free
What Makes Motives® Pressed Eye Shadow Unique?
Ultra smooth and luxurious, these eye shadows are crease-proof and deflect the light away from fine lines to help visibly reduce the signs of aging for a bright, polished look. The Motives Pressed Eye Shadows have impeccable color retention that does not run or crease so you always look your best. They glide on ultra smooth with incredible hold, a flawless look, and a luxurious feel and finish. Take the guesswork out of looking gorgeous. The Motives Pressed Eye Shadow promises to give you the long-lasting, high-color look you have always wanted.
INGREDIENTS: Not mentioned.
Used Studio 54 all over lid full blown upto crease and Star Struck from browbone and blended till crease.
MY EXPERIENCE: The Motives® Pressed Eye Shadows arrived to me safely sealed in bubble wraps and outer cardboard box. So none of my products were broken. Both the eye-shadows are really beautiful on their own. I like to use them together and have tried them with and without bases. They blend easily and lasts long even without a base.
Shade Studio 54: It is a shimmer shade with duochrome effect of pink and purple, which I found really beautiful and quite unique. Blends easily, have smooth texture and no fallout. The shimmer particles are not at all OTT rather it comes as a sheen on the lids.
Shade Star Struck: It is a beautiful silver shade. This too blends nicely, and has smooth texture however the shimmer strays a bit around the eyes.
WHAT I LIKED:
- Smooth texture that blends easily.
- Nice pigmentation even without a base.
- Stays fresh and doesn’t crease even after 5-6 hours (that being the longest I have tested it on me) without a base.
- A huge array of selection of colors is available on their website.
- The packaging is really stylish and sturdy. I also liked how the shadows have the name Motives embossed on it.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- Availability is an issue.
- Price is a bit on the higher side when converted to INR.
VERDICT: I really liked the quality of these pressed eyeshadows and wish they were easily available here and was not so pricey. They surely have huge range of colors on every kind of finish and I am sure you will definitely find your favourite shade there.
RATINGS: 4.5 out of 5
**Product sent by PR for consideration but it doesn't influence my honest opinion! Read my disclaimer.