Hola ladies! In my teens, I was addicted to all kinds of peppermint candies, chewing gums, mouth fresheners and all that, and the addiction still persists, now through other mediums and channels like beauty and skincare items. Remember when I told you in some other posts, that there will be new trends for smell and tastes for every season. Well for me, it’s peppermint #trending now :P. So, today I would be reviewing another product from the Super Body Care Kit, the Super Body Care Lip Balm.
PRICE: $ 3.95 ea
WHAT IT CLAIMS: “Tingle, nourish and hydrate. Made with plant oils of Peppermint, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Lavender and Bergamot.”
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Caprylic/ Capric Tri-glyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Tocopherol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, MelaleucaAlternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil.
I don’t have severely chapped lips, but in winters, a good lip-balm is an absolute necessity for me too. I have been using the Super Body Care Lip Balm for last two weeks. I apply it in the morning and before going to sleep at night, and it keeps my lips hydrated and well moisturised. Below is my take on this lipbalm,
WHAT I LIKED:
- It is non-waxy and goes on smoothly.
- Awesome smell of peppermint and you get a ‘feeling’ of a mouth freshener inside your mouth and tingling lips.
- Comes in cylindrical retractable tube that works completely fine and controls the amount of the product. So, non-messy compared to tub-form lipbalms.
- Absolutely no taste.
- Makes your lips appear smoother and adds a bit of shine like plain gloss.
- Stays put for hours until washed off.
- No mineral oil or petroleum based ingredients. Mainly consists of plant matter and essential oils.
- Doesn’t test on animals.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- Since it is not waxy, so might not work as a base for many lipsticks.
- A bit pricey for a lip-balm.
- Availability is an issue. You can buy it from here.
#Note: Super Body care advertises its products mainly in USA and Australia markets as of now, due to hodgepodge international regulations.
VERDICT: If you like peppermint and if you like hoarding lip-balms then this lip-balm is a must in your stash. :D
RATINGS: 4.5 out of 5
**Product sent by PR for consideration but it doesn't influence my honest opinion! Read my disclaimer.