Hey ya friends! Today I am back with another review of the Motives® Shape & Sculpt Duo. It is a two-in-one highlighter and matte contour powder that effectively sculpts and gives a desired shape to the face.
Since I am moderately new in the makeup arena, contouring and highlighting were far from my daily makeup routine. But after seeing gazillion makeup tutorials I am now a bit more confident in applying the same though I still have a long way to go to achieve the perfection of a pro. So I was really happy when I got to try this product.
WHAT THEY CLAIM:
Primary Benefits of Motives® Shape & Sculpt Duo:
- Two-in-one highlighter and matte contour powder
- Luxurious formula that glides on smoothly to highlight and sculpt
- Designed for all skin types
- Non-irritant formula
- Paraben, oil and fragrance free
What Makes Motives® Shape & Sculpt Duo Unique?
Double-sided compact that contains everything you need to highlight and contour like a pro. The dark side creates depth in areas such as the hollows of your cheeks. Using the light side brings the eye forward, highlighting areas such as the bridge of the nose or chin. Contouring can help accentuate and hide imperfect face structures, making you look your best every day.
Okay now my FOTD. Please don’t laugh too much okay :P
I am not wearing any foundation or concealer here, only my Ponds TM as base, set with my Lakme Perfect Radiance compact, Maybelline CS Warm Me Up on lips, a cream lip gloss worn as blush along with the Motives® Shape & Sculpt Duo. This was actually unplanned; as I was just playing around with the stuff I got, so kindly ignore my comfort clothes and unkempt hair as it was really late. :P
MY EXPERIENCE: Motives® Shape & Sculpt Duo comes in attractive packaging with a built in mirror. Both contour side and the highlighter side have a satin powdery finish and does not contain any glitter/shimmer particles hence absolutely perfect for both day and night makeup too if you don’t like blingy/sparkly cheeks. The product is real easy to apply and blends easily that even a naïve like me could do it. The contour shade is a bit dark and requires only a little amount to blend. The highlighter shade gives a nice sheen to the areas applied.
WHAT I LIKED:
- The two in one product makes it really easy for contouring and highlighting in limited time.
- Very smooth texture and easily blends.
- Comes in a sturdy packaging with a mirror inside and is travel friendly. However if there was a brush provided with it, it would have been a complete package.
- Doesn’t feel heavy on skin or clogs pores.
- The product contains a lot of quantity so the price is quite justified I guess.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- I think it comes only in one shade. Though that matches most of the skin tones, more shades for the contour would have been better.
- Availability is an issue. You can buy it from their website.
RATINGS: 4.5 out of 5
**Product sent by PR for consideration but it doesn't influence my honest opinion! Read my disclaimer.