I can be such a moody person at times, giving everyone a hard time, and depending on my mood, my choices changes too. So, I was more of a lipgloss girl for last few good years and suddenly, I am hoarding lipsticks of all kinds.
And, while I am going through this *lipstick phase*, let me present to you the latest addition to my stash, ColorBar Velvet Matte Lipstick in shade Bare.
I am sure, you all have heard a lot about this range of lipsticks. I just want to vouch for all the good points already shared in the blogger world about these and just add my two cents on them.
QUANTITY: 4.2 g
WHAT IT CLAIMS: For a rich lip colour with a creamy shine, the Velvet Matte Lipstick, available in 45 stunning shades infuse the lips with vibrancy. Its unique 2-in-1 formulation gives the lips a creamy, yet matte finish. A one of a kind product in India, it has super softening agents that give the lips a soft and supple appearance while keep them nourished with Vitamin E. Staying on up to 5 hours on application, the Velvet Matte Lipstick can be further accentuated with lip gloss and lip liner.
MY EXPERIENCE: ColorBar Velvet Matte Lipstick in shade Bare, is another congenial shade like the Maybelline CS My Mahogany, a brownish pink shade with a hint of peach. It looks more peach on my lips in the day time, while more pinkish in artificial light at night, and gives a matte finish to the lips. It is quite creamy and moisturizing being a matte lipstick, with a subtle vanilla smell in the tube but I can't decipher it much on my lips and it doesn't have any distinct taste. It lasts really long, even survives through heavy meals, leaving a nice deep pink tint, very near to my original lipcolor, which I loved the most about this lippie. Let me summarize all the points for you.
WHAT I LIKED:
- Gives opaque coverage in just one swipe.
- The shade 'Bare' would compliment all types of skintone as it adjusts itself according to your tone.
- It has strong staying power of over 5-6 hours and surpasses heavy meals. I am a big fan of the lovely dark pink tint it leaves even when it fades out.
- It is quite creamy and moisturizing being a matte lipstick and didn't dry out my lips much.
- Comes at a very reasonable price and available in a huge array of 45 shades to choose from, though all the shades are hardly available at one place.
- Comes in a nice attractive packaging with a shade indicator at the bottom, which is really helpful, if you own too many shades from this range.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- It accentuates the fine lines on my lips.
- It is not transfer-proof.
RATINGS: 4.75 out of 5