Hello beauties! I have been MIA a bit on blog, as I was looking around for a new laptop for myself (my bro is taking the old one with him as he is shifting soon to another city :( )and finally, I got one yesterday yay :D, so transferring files and everything took a little time, and also, I am being a bit of my lazy bum self and the weather isn't helping too, hovering around 9° C in Kolkata and it is snowing in Darjeeling (wish I was there ;;))
Okay, let's get back to today's review post. Today on the menu is, the Deborah Milano Euphoric Shine Lipgloss in Shade 07. This was a part of the gift hamper I got from Deborah Milano contest on FB , about which I posted on my FB page few weeks ago.
It looked like a candy pink gloss in the tube and I was definitely attracted to it. Let's find out how it fared on my gloss list?
PRICE: Rs. 595
WHAT IT CLAIMS: “Lustrous shine with Blue Poppy Extract, enriched with patented shine pearls and Vitamins B and E, for ultra glossy, ultra soft lips. For lasting hydration without feeling sticky. Special ultra-soft applicator. Hypoallergenic.”
INGREDIENTS: Other than, Blue Poppy Extract enriched with Omega 6 and 9 , Vitamins B and E, Euphoryltm Ω 3, nothing else is mentioned on their website.
MY EXPERIENCE: Deborah Milano Euphoric Shine Lipgloss is a sheer pink gloss with finely milled shimmers/sparkles which is discernible on hand swatch, but doesn't look OTT on lips, rather it gives a nice plump effect to the lips. I like to use this to top it on my Maybelline CS Warm Me Up lippie and it makes the perfect pair for me. It is very moisturising on its own and keep the lips hydrated for long hours. Only issue is when you try to rub it off, the sparkles spread a bit around the lip area.
WHAT I LIKED:
- The gloss moisturises the lips as well as provide a little bit color on its own, being a sheer lipgloss.
- Staying power is really good and tops 3-4 hours easily, without any meal, and the good part is, it isn't much sticky like other long lasting glosses.
- Even when the color wears off, the lips feel hydated.
- Comes with a doe foot application which is flexible/bendable and provides better grip and control while application.
- The shimmers are not so obvious on lips and so the gloss can be worn at daytime too.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- If you are looking for a pigmented gloss then this won't be your preferred option.
- Has a funny, sickeningly sweet smell (plasticky?!) in the tube, but no taste/smell as such on lips.
- The price is definitely a bummer, but the given quantity is huge too. I would suggest the brand, to reduce both the price and quantity to half of their value. That way, we could buy more shades and finish them up too.
VERDICT: Apart from the bit weird smell and the price, I really liked this one and I think this could be a nice addition to all lipgloss-lover's stash.
RATINGS: 4 out of 5