Hey guys! I am still up, so late tonight to write this review, which I have been meaning to do since 2-3 months :P, as I bought this L’oreal Total Repair 5 Instant Smoothing and Nourishing Oil Serum in my October haul probably and now I guess I am ready to review it. Thanks for bearing with this procrastinator. :P
Let's move on with this review.
PRICE: Rs.140 (Introductory offer Rs.125)
INGREDIENTS: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Alcohol denat, Limonene, Benzyl salicylate, Linalool, Benzyl alcohol, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadicanediol, Alpha-isomethyl ionone, Geraniol, Butylphenyl , Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl cinnamal, Fagrance (F.I.L. C37906/1)
WHAT IT CLAIMS: "Treat yourself to the ultimate care system with L’Oreal Paris's New Total Repair 5 Instant Smoothing and Nourishing Oil Serum. This miraculous product’s technological innovation with ceramide-cement helps protect and repair hair damage caused by daily aggressors like the sun, pollution and water. It helps to avoid tangles and breakage, leaving hair smooth and nourished."
MY EXPERIENCE: To be honest I have used it only 8-10 times so far in so many months. And everytime my experience was almost the same. I use it when I don't use or forget to use the conditioner. The serum has a runny consistency and gives a strong alcoholic smell when I pour it on my palm, but as soon as I rub it on my semi wet hair, the smell lightens and becomes similar to all other products from this range. It detangles and softens and imparts some shine to my hair, however, it failed to work on my frizz and turns it more wiry and ugly, esp, if I have to go out and leave my wet hair open.
WHAT I LIKED:
- Helps in easy de-tangling even for wet hair when in a hurry.
- Gives a little softness and a bit of shine to the hair.
- Very little amount is required to cover my below the shoulder length hair.
- Effective packaging that helps in controlling the amount of the product required.
- Price is comparatively okay IMO and the quantity would last really long.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- Didn't work at all on my frizz in this winter.
- Attracts more dirt and makes hair rough if you apply it on wet hair and go out.
- I hate the strong alcoholic smell in it's concentrated form.
VERDICT: Apart from the Total Repair 5 Shampoo, I am not happy with the rest of the products from this range (would post the review of the conditioner soon and you might guess from this what is going to come next :-/).
I won't say this serum is a must have product but if you have normal hair and want a pocket friendly serum then you might give this a try.
RATINGS: 3.5 out of 5