Dove Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner Review

Hello lovely people. Hope you all are doing great.  I am again getting a bit lazy after all these festivities but thought of writing a few posts anyhow. So today I would be reviewing the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner that I received a few days back and have been using it daily. There is this new innovative formula of incorporating “oil” care in hair care products by every brand nowadays but hey, I am not complaining as I am totally anti-hair oil freak and this serves the dual purpose of conditioner and oil :P
 


PRICE:  Rs.160


QUANTITY: 180ml

INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS TO USE:


WHAT IT CLAIMS: “Dryness, which is the very first sign of damage, makes your hair look dull and feel rough. The reason behind this dryness of hair is lack of nourishment. That's why treat your hair with Dove Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner that has the power of double nourishment. It is the next generation conditioner with golden ribbon inside that contains Vita-Oils to nourish your hair from deep within, leaving no greasiness on the outside. Its white ribbon that contains the conditioner locks-in the nourishment to keep dryness at bay. So, restore your hair's smoothness and softness with Dove Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner.”


MY EXPERIENCE: Dove is one brand that I always had a love-hate relationship with. Forget ‘love’, it was only ‘hate’. Neither the damage therapy shampoo/conditioner nor their famous soaps worked for me ever. So I wasn’t holding any expectation from this product. But I am glad to be proven wrong this time. This one product won my heart with its ultra-rich creamy formula that managed to keep my hair soft, smooth and manageable throughout the whole day. As I said it is a thick cream conditioner unlike other runny conditioners and with two stripes of gold and white works it’s magic to keep the hair hydrated, soft and smooth. I use two dollops of it and apply it from 1 -2 inches leaving the scalp to the tips of my hair, keep it on for 2-3 minutes and then wash it off.


WHAT I LIKED:

  • This is the first conditioner which is able to keep my hair so manageable and tangle free throughout the whole day. I comb my semi-dried hair in the morning and then go to college and it doesn’t stray from its place much. I can just run my fingers through if it does a bit and everything settles back and I am really thrilled with this experience.
  • It has added a healthy shine to my hair in just these few days which is commendable.
  • Like most good conditioners, it makes hair really soft.
  • Doesn’t weigh my hair down but gives a smooth appearance.
  • Has a nice smell which lingers even after washed off. If you don’t like fragrant conditioners then you may not like it.
  • With all its goodness, I guess the price is quite justified.

WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:

  • It didn’t control the frizz completely. To be honest I have this layer of frizzy (read: sun-fried) hair on top but nothing seems to tame it completely. However, they look a bit healthier than before.
 #Tip: Never apply conditioner to your scalp. Conditioners contains chemicals that coats your hair to make them look soft and shiny. Remember the hair itself is dead " no living cells in it ". But the follicle at the scalp is 'alive' , like your skin, to grow the hair and it absorbs everything you give to it.  So use your conditioner 1-2 inches down from the roots to the tips to make your hair look healthy without causing any future damage.

VERDICT: It does what it claims and so I am really satisfied with this conditioner. If you are going through a damaged/dry hair phase try it out once atleast, to see if it works for you or not.


RATINGS:  4.75 out of 5

** Being a member of  IndiBlogger.com, I received a gift hamper of Dove Nourishing Oil Care Range but it doesn't influence my honest opinion! Read my disclaimer.

2 comments:

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)