Hey ya friends! Well I guess I am the last one left in the Indian beauty blogosphere to review the much hyped Maybelline Colossal Kajal. Is the hype worth it? It definitely is! As you might know by now that I love these twist-up eye-kohl/kajal pencils and this one is from my recent purchases. After going through numerous online swatches I definitely needed this one in my kitty.
INGREDIENTS: Not mentioned.
WHAT IT CLAIMS:
“Our deepest black pigments + unique tip deliver the blackest black shine ever. Color glides on smooth and so intense. Formula enriched with Vitamin E soothes the eyes. Never before 6H of smudge resistant wear. Our exclusive color fix formula guarantees intense color results that won't smudge, budge or fade. No more touchups.”
|Swiped once only|
MY EXPERIENCE: I am forever looking for Kohl liners/Kajals that shows up well on my dark rimmed eyes. And I am glad I found one that manages to do that quite well. I use it to line my upperlids, tightline and waterline and I never feel any discomfort or irritation. Oh and did I tell ya that this is a special product because it was created exclusively for the Indian market by Maybelline India and presumably it's not available in any other country :P :D (I guess we deserve it as we miss all the E.L.Fs, M.U.As, WnWs, etc.).
WHAT I LIKED:
- It is smudge-proof and water-proof. Until you get in a WWE fight with your eyelids and try to rub it off hard (very hard!) it won’t give you the raccoon eyes.
- Glides on perfectly and stays put on my eyelids even more than the 6 hour claim and didn’t budge until I used cleanser to remove it (doesn’t get off with water).
- The price is just.. SWEET.
- Didn’t irritate my eyes at all. No scratchy/ dry-feeling too.
- I know it comes in a little quantity but I love that fact too, as I always plan to use up my cosmetics and hit pan but never actually do so as something else grabs my fancy (Read: I still have the Lotus Herbals kohl liner with more than half the quantity and it is almost over a year). So little quantity means it would finish up fast and I don’t have to worry about product expiration.
- I liked the cute yellow packaging.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- It is a bit creamy (or it acts like one on high temperature days) and breaks off a little under pressure (like in very tiny chunks).
- Cleansing it off is a pain but I don’t mind it as I love everything else about this kohl pencil. :)
VERDICT: At 150 bucks it is definitely worth it and as of now it is my HG kohl until I find a replacement. I would love to call this a Kohl-liner and not a kajal as it is quite slimmer than kajals and glides on like a liner. You must try it out once if you still haven’t and this won’t pinch your pocket much.
RATINGS: 5 out of 5
RATINGS: 5 out of 5