Hey girlies! Hope you had a great weekend. To scour away the monday morning blues I present to you two gorgeous MLBB shades from Maybelline Colorsensational range. Well as you might know that I am more of a lipgloss girl than a lipstick one, so I don’t have many lipsticks in my collection and was looking around for some nude lippies. I was on the verge of buying the NYX in Frappuccino but in the end I backed out as I didn’t find the swatches much assuring to what I wanted, and grabbed up My Mahogany instead and did I say I fell in love :x with it on first sight. But it was feeling a bit lonely in my lipstick stash, so I chose another companion for it in the shade Warm Me Up :-*.
There are a total of 54 gorgeous shades with many pinks, browns. plums and nudes to choose from. My Mahogany is a nude brown shade with peachy undertones and it would suit everyone …EVERYONE, while Warm Me Up is a gorgeous nude pink with mauvish undertones.
QUANTITY: 4.2 g
INGREDIENTS: Not available.
|Left: My Mahogany, Right: Warm Me Up|
MY EXPERIENCE: My Mahogany is a shade that would suit every skintone. I would tag it “The Congeniality Shade” at the risk of sounding like a stupid beauty contest host. Warm Me Up would suit fair to medium tones and also duskier tones depending upon your undertones. It doesn’t wash me out but I can’t compare it with the beauty of My Mahogany. Both the lipsticks are extremely creamy and moisturising and you don’t need a balm underneath. It doesn’t dry out lips even when it fades away.
WHAT I LIKED:
- Both are decently pigmented, creamy and very moisturising. Even being nude shades both gives full coverage to pigmented lips.
- The smell is of cocoa butter (I think so as it seems similar to all other cocoa butter products I am using) which is delicious to me and I tend to forget that it is a lipstick and not a candy. But it is tasteless.
- Comes in a classy packaging. Also the pinks, browns/nudes, plums ranges have different color caps.
- The price is quite justified for the quality of the lipstick and the packaging.
- Decent staying power of 2-3 hours and I love to do touch ups with this one. Even after fading away, lips feel soft and moisturised.
- So many shades to select from that I am sure you will get your MLBB (My Lips But Better) shade from this range.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- The shade Warm Me Up settles into the fine lines which I don’t like.
- Transfers to objects when touched but that is the case with half of the lipsticks in this world.
- Since they are creamy they tend to melt a bit in the case.
VERDICT: I am so much in love with My Mahogany that I can write some romantic songs for it now (*ahem* ..well a bit exaggerated I know :P) and would buy it forever until I get any better dupe of it, and would love to try some other shades too from this range.
RATINGS: 4.5 out of 5