Hello beauties! I have been delaying this post for so many days as I didn’t have all the pictures assembled at one place. Well, I assembled them out today and thought of reviewing the Models Own Nail Polish range that I have won a few months back :D.
I won’t call myself a polish junkie but I love doing all that konad stuff sometimes so was in a frenzy of getting new polishes and when I won this range from the Models Own FB page it was cherry on the top for me.
WHAT IT CLAIMS: “Stay on-trend right down to the tips of your toes. Creamy or pearly, glittery or neon, all our nail polishes glide on smoothly and are hardwearing and long lasting. Designed for fashion and fun!”
INGREDIENTS: Toluene, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Ethyl Acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Adipic Acid/Isophthalic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimethylolpropane Copolymer, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Camphor, Drometrizole. May contain: +/-Heptane, Glycerin, CI 15850, CI 15880, CI 15985, CI 19140, CI 42090, CI 60725, CI 77266, CI 77491, CI 77510, CI 77891.
MY EXPERIENCE: All the five polishes that I have used are pastel colors and are creamy in texture. Out of these 5, I love the Lilac Dream, Pastel Pink and Blooboo the most (in that order). Jade Stone resembles my Lotus Herbals Go Grapes shade a lot, while Coral reef makes my hands look a bit darker. Here is how they fared on my nails,
WHAT I LIKED:
- They are super creamy nail polishes and two coats are enough for opaque color. A great option for water-marbling too. (I tried to do it and the polishes worked great but I failed to get through the whole process. :( :P)
- The brush is of great quality and spreads the polish evenly.
- Dries up pretty fast. After 5mins it feels a bit squishy and some 10 mintues later you can run your hands over it without any imprint.
- A great range of colors is available. For more details and viewing colors click here.
- 14ml is quite a huge quantity and would last a while.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- After it dries up on nails, it forms tiny bubbles and this is the case with all the colors. I don’t know if something is wrong with this batch of colors or my nails.
- Chips or starts peeling in 3-4 days.
- Well it is quite pricey when converted to INR and along with that the shipping charges can create a huge hole in the pocket.
- As it is so creamy, I fear that it would dry up in the bottle soon.
VERDICT: Since I use it as base for konad nail art I don’t mind the bubbles but it doesn’t last on the nails for long which is a con for being a bit pricey nail polish. You might give it a try for all the awesome colors available in their range if online shopping is not a bother for you.
RATINGS: 3.5 out of 5