Lux Magical Spell Fine Fragrance Elixirs Body Wash Review


Hey ya girlies! Hope you guys had a great Lohri/Pongal/Makar Sankranti :). Today I am going to review another body wash from my stash and it is Lux Magical Spell Fine Fragrance Elixirs Body Wash. Read on to know whether I like it or not.


PRICE:   Rs. 99

QUANTITY: 240 ml

INGREDIENTS:


WHAT IT CLAIMS:
Infused with the fine scent of Black Orchid & Juniper Oil, this scent is inspired by exotic blossoms at the peck of their bloom and embraced into exquisite Fragrance Pearls giving you an intoxicating scent that lasts long after you step out of the shower

MY EXPERIENCE: I got this basically because the name sounded so exotic. And I know, how silly a reason it can be! :P Cause unlike the claims, it didn't give me any " resham se v reshmi ehsaas ", but only dry skin (more on that later).


Lux Magical Spell Fine Fragrance Elixirs Body Wash comes in a flip top cap packaging, which is spill proof. The texture and consistency looks similar to that of old Sunsilk shampoos (atleast to me). Coming to the fragrance, its a nice, perfume-ish smell, that lingers on your skin for a while, but it is quite subtle and disappears very quickly post bath. It doesn't leave any slippery feeling, but then it dries out my skin like the Lux soaps tends to do, and leave dry/flaky patches which I hate, especially in this winter when my dry skin becomes drier. Maybe it would work better in summers, but then I am not sure if I am going to try it again, even though it is pretty decently priced.

WHAT I LIKED:
  • The texture is semi thick, which doesn't leave any slippery feeling on skin. 
  • It lathers pretty well, even without a loofah. 
  • Nice, perfume-ish smell but it is quite subtle and hardly noticeable post bath.
  • Pretty affordable and the quantity would last long.
  • Effective packaging. 

WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • It dries out my skin, leaving dry patches, like normal Lux soaps.
  • Funnily, I don't find the texture to be a body wash like.
  • The smell is okay but nothing magical or relaxing about it.
  • I didn't get any free loofah...boohoo! :(   

VERDICT: I would suggest dry skin ladies to steer clear of this one, atleast in winters. It might be a nice body wash for summers though, and at that price tag, I don't expect any magical moments but then surely not dry patches.

RATINGS:  3.5 out of 5

8 comments:

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)