The Body Shop Rainforest Coconut Hair Oil Review


As I was telling you all, monsoons are not a great news for me, especially for my hair. Add to that, the torture of heat styling and all that slack my hair gets from time to time, resulting in dry, straw like hair something. The Body Shop Rainforest Coconut Hair Oil came as the knight in shining armour to rescue my hair. Read on to know whether it was able to save my hair.



PRICE:  ₹645

QUANTITY: 200ml

INGREDIENTS:



WHAT IT CLAIMS: 

This luxuriously silky oil melts effortlessly into your hair creating the perfect overnight, leave-in, pre-wash treatment or the optimal nourishing accompaniment to scalp massage.

  • Reveals hair that is strong, soft, shiny with a healthy scalp.
  • Light fragrance
  • Certified with Eco-Conscious Standards
  • Paraben Free, Silicone Free, Colourant Free
 
MY EXPERIENCE:  The Body Shop Rainforest Coconut Hair Oil comes in a transparent, flip top cap bottle. The oil looks like some golden liquid in the bottle but is actually colorless. The oil is medium thick in texture and gets absorbed in hair very well, without leaving any chip-chip feeling. It has got a sweet, pleasant cocoa-butter like fragrance which I love thoroughly.

 
Coming to the results. After using it for more than three weeks, and applying it atleast twice/thrice a week, I saw my hair and scalp looks more nourished and healthy, and the straw like phase is gone. It repaired my hair quite a bit. It has controlled my hairfall problem to quite an extent, though not stopped completely but it is comparatively less, and I hope with continuous usage it would show more effective results. As for my frizz problem, I wish it worked better on this front (I am still waiting for that magic potion!). And also the price seems a bit exorbitant, but then the 200 ml bottle would last forever many months and so it doesn't pinch that much. 
 
WHAT I LIKED:
  • Medium consistency that gets absorbed easily.
  • Doesn't leave any chip-chip/heavy-oily feeling.
  • Washes off easily without leaving any residue.
  • Nourishes hair and scalp and repaired my dry hair to great extent.
  • Reduced hairfall to some extent, though not stopped completely.
  • Loved the subtle sweet fragrance.   
  • Paraben and silicone free. 

WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • Price is quite high for an oil, but then it's TBS for you. However, one bottle would last ages.
  • Wish it worked better on taming the frizziness. 

VERDICT: No doubt it's a wonderful hair oil and I would surely recommend it to you guys. Albeit a little pricey, but it's worth it. Let me know if you have tried this.

RATINGS:  4.75 out of 5

**Product sent by PR for consideration but it doesn't influence my honest opinion! Read my disclaimer.

11 comments:

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)