Super Body Care Body Lotion Review


Good morning my beautiful readers. How is the New Year treating you? Mine has been quite boring till now. Does that emphasize how the whole year would be?? :( I hope not. :)
Today I would be reviewing Super Body Care lotion, the next product from the kit I received.

PRICE:  $14.95 ea

QUANTITY: 8oz (I got a 1oz. bottle as a part of the kit.)


INGREDIENTS: Organic Herbal Blend, Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Isopropyl Palmitate (Palm Oil), Stearic Acid, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Organic Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), lavendula angustifolia (Lavender), mentha piperata (Peppermint), rosemarinus officianalis (Rosemary), citrus bergamia (Bergamot), melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid.

WHAT IT CLAIMS: Super Body Care lotion is made with hydrating organic ingredients that leaves skin soft and protected. Made with Peppermint, Tea Tree, Rosemary, and Lavender plant oils; enjoy the refreshing scent and invigorating tingle. This product is Paraben Free.”

 
MY EXPERIENCE: With the onset of winters, us dry skinned ladies stock on lotions, oils, moisturisers and what not to keep our skin hydrated and moisturised. So I was quite happy at first to add this lotion to my stash. However, everytime I used it I didn’t feel that complete moisturisation as I get from my Vaseline or other moisturisers. It definitely hydrates my skin but doesn’t get quickly absorbed like other lotions, But it is not greasy or oily on the surface either. It has a thick consistency which needs a lot of time to get seeped into the skin.

WHAT I LIKED:
  • It has got a nice peppermint smell. However, I am not sure if I would like to smell like some minty gum while going out, so I tried it when I am home only. :P
  • Hydrates the skin.
  • No mineral oil or petroleum based ingredients. Mainly consists of plant matter and essential oils.
  • Super Body Care doesn’t test on animals.
  • It is paraben free.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • Doesn’t provide complete moisturisation to my dry skin. So not suitable for the winters.
  • The mouth of the bottle is round and wide so one might pour product than necessary. However, they sell the multiuse pump dispenser too at $1.
  • Availability is an issue. You can buy it from here. 
#Note: Super Body care advertises its products mainly in USA and Australia markets as of now due to hodgepodge international regulations.

VERDICT: The ingredients list does make it quite an attractive product but in winters it is a no-no for me. I think this would work in the summer months when you don’t need that intense moisturisation.

RATINGS:  3.75 out of 5
**Product sent by PR for consideration but it doesn't influence my honest opinion! Read my disclaimer.

5 comments:

  1. nice.. i want to still try this.. i like peppermint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shasha Thanks :)

    @Zatz Yep u can....... it would suit in moderate/summer climate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this brand before, but sounds good fragrance wise :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Divya Yes me too like the fragrance but in other products from this brand :P . This one is an USA brand not available here. :(

    ReplyDelete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)