Dove Damage Therapy Hair Fall Rescue Shampoo Review

Hey ya ladies! Do you know what exact hair problems you have and what are their solutions? Dove has come with an app called Dove Hair Aware, that rectifies your hair problem through a small survey and provides the best solution. I was interested to try out this app, and it showed that the solution for my hair problems is the Dove Damage Therapy Hair Fall Rescue range. I do have a little bit hairfall problem, and I get a few strands everytime I run my fingers through my hair, and it worsens in the monsoons. So I was glad to get to try this in this season. Let's see how much it stood up to it's claims.

PRICE:  Rs.125

QUANTITY: 200ml

INGREDIENTS:

WHAT IT CLAIMS: 
" Leaves Hair Strengthened and Resistant to Hair Fall and Breakage. It is enhanced with Micro Moisture Serum that strengthens hair to dramatically reduce hair fall from 100 strands per day to just 2"

MY EXPERIENCE:
I have been using the Dove Damage Therapy Hair Fall Rescue Shampoo for last 3 weeks (considering the fact I shampoo my hair everyday). The shampoo comes in a flip top cap packaging. The consistency is medium thick, that spreads and lathers easily. It has got the trademark smell of the Dove shampoos which is really nice. The shampoo has some kind of  moisturising properties, and hair feels smooth to touch even when I am rinsing out the shampoo.


Coming to the results, I didn't notice any *visible* reduction in my hairfall problem, but my hair does look thicker now. However, it makes my hair appear flat as if I have applied oil or something, which I obviously haven't. It makes hair soft but it doesn't provide much shine which I get from other shampoos, hence it loses some points here.

WHAT I LIKED:
  • Provides moisture to hair making it soft to touch.  
  • My hair appears more thick and voluminous and I can feel the thickness when I do a pony tail ;). But I think it might be due to the conditioning properties it has.
  • Love the smell.
  • Comes in flip top cap packaging, and it's sturdy and travel friendly.
  • Priced economically for the quantity.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE: 
  • My hair lacks shine and appears flat with this shampoo.
  • I didn't see any noticeable reduction in hairfall. It wasn't exactly 100 before but neither has it come down to 2.

VERDICT: Depending on various hair types, avg. hairfall of 100 is considered to be okay, so the claim of coming down to 2 doesn't withstand logically (and I am not accusing Dove for this, as most of the other brands also put such tall claims for hairfall problems). In case you are interested, I found this article which is worth a read to know how much hairfall is considered okay.

RATINGS:  3.75 out of 5 
**Product sent by PR for consideration but it doesn't influence my honest opinion! Read my disclaimer.

12 comments:

  1. i too have used this.. i love the trademark fragrance.. it did help me in reducing hairfall a little bit.. i too felt my hair to be thick in volume jus like u :D
    i love the dove condtnrs to the T.. no other conditioner suits me like it does.. i kinda tend to get frizz otherwise... so be it any shampoo i opt for dove condtnrs :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *same pinch* I too love the Dove conditioners more...and the Dove Oil Care Conditioner is my HG :D

      Delete
  2. Even I had got this thru Indiblogger but since I am supposed to use sulphate free shampoos currently, I am not using this..may be some time later..dunno how it would fare though..
    Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got the intense repair one through Indiblogger..would review that later ;)

      Delete
  3. I am using this, it does make the hair soft..I guess its because of the silicones present in it .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm..thinking of trying ..lets see..if it works for me or not

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used this long time back..somehow didn't make much difference to my hair!! :P..Nice review!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend of mine used this hair loss product, she was satisfied, but I haven't had the same results... I don't know why. For me, it was necessary to follow a hair restoration treatment at http://www.skinvitality.ca, because I've heard that they are really good in this and that I will have my desired results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi anybody know where i can find this shampoo i have big prob of hair fall but i cant find this in asda.tesco.boots etc :(

    ReplyDelete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)