Olay Age Protect Anti-Ageing Cream Review

Yes you read it correct. I have been using an anti-ageing cream and FYI, I would be turning 25 (eeekkksss!!!) in next 11 days...(errrrr....ya I guess you know now when my bithrday is, so I am kinda expecting all the Happy Birthdays from you guys, so DON'T FORGET ;) :P ) 


Now, the reason why I got this cream was because, last month suddenly, I saw my upper lip area going dry and flaky, and too much skin tightening around the mouth area, and this was recurring over a few days. My laugh lines were getting prominent and I was petrified. I needed an immediate solution and thought of trying out the Olay Age Protect Anti-Ageing Cream. After using this for about three weeks (and some more), here is my view on it.

PRICE: Rs. 235

QUANTITY: 40g


INGREDIENTS: 
Water, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Dimethicone, C13-14 Isopaaffin, Steareth-21, Cyclopentasiloxane, Laureth-7, Fragrance, Dimethiconol, Steareth-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Limonene, Cinnamate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf juice *
*(Didn't have the outer carton. Got it from net.) 

WHAT IT CLAIMS:
  • Lightens dark spots  
  • Reduces wrinkles 
  • Improves skin tone

MY EXPERIENCE: I don't know why, but I have seen many girls/ladies, of or around my age, have some serious hang-ups with products containing the anti-ageing ingredients (or the mere words) in it. As if it makes them sound older or something?! IMO it's very important to protect your skin against wrinkles and lines from an early age (20+), and if some product provides such benefits, why not use them, when we are blindly trusting products with SPF 30/50/90 to protect us from sun damages three layers deep inside our skin,etc. 

Anyhoo, I got this one as I told you guys about the skin problem I was facing and also, because I needed a good face moisturiser basically. It has a medium consistency but rich texture, so only a little amount is enough to cover the whole face. Blends easily into skin and leaves a completely nourished and moisturised feeling on the skin for the whole day. It doesn't turn my face oily on application, but may feel a bit heavy in the humid weather. Sometimes I use it twice a day, i.e after bath and at nighttime before going to bed and when I am lazy I use it on my hands/arms too :P. So I have almost hit pan with it in three and a half weeks.


It has got a nice subtle smell, which is only noticeable when you try to smell it. After three weeks, I can honestly say, that yes it worked for me. It solved my dry/flaky skin problem on the upper lip area. My laugh lines around the mouth area are less visible now. It has lightened the acne spots to some extent, though they aren't invisible yet. But the thing I loved the most about this, it gives a nice radiance/healthy glow on the face with regular usage. It doesn't work miracles, but yes it fulfills the claims to a certain extent.

WHAT I LIKED:
  •  Completely nourishes and moisturises my dry skin without turning it oily.
  • Didn't irritate my skin or caused any breakouts as such.
  • Worked on my problems as per the claims to quite an extent.
  • Gives a nice radiance and glow to the face which I loved the most.
  • Priced decently for the quantity, being an anti-ageing product that too from Olay ;).

WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • Might feel a bit heavy on humid days.
  • Didn't eradicate all the spots, but then it claims only to lighten them. 
  • Completely unrelated, but I got this product without any outer carton (bought online). I am not sure if it's sold without the outer box or not. Any idea?

VERDICT:
If you are dry skin, then your skin would love this, but it might feel heavier on oily skin. Don't expect it to work some miracle in a day, but over time, it really did work for me. I really liked it and would certainly come back to it, if I don't get anything better (being a beauty blogger I need to keep my options open right :P ).

RATINGS:  4.5 out of 5

20 comments:

  1. I might give this a go once my other current creams finish. Thanks for the review ^_^.

    ♥Crazy Pop Lock♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also included anti-ageing in my regimen by pond's age miracle . . i felt awesome . . but later i felt its kinda breaking me out . .so i discontinued . . i might try this one !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used the pond's age miracle serum some five years back and that worked for me too but it was so pricey...now they have revamped their products...I am thinking of trying out something from their cell-regen range. Which one did u try??

      Delete
  3. i think i need a good moisturiser and might try this or neautrogena or kelly edwards.. ahh thinking which one. im thinking for quite sometime now lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh cool.. worked on lines in say 3 weeks.. awesomo!! :)

    on my wishlist rite away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my lines are less visible, though not completely erased. :)

      Delete
  5. I use the Regenerist night cream from Olay..that one is pretty good..And happy birthday in advance :)...no worries will wish you on yr bday as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yeah don't forget :P
      I want to try that range too..but it is pretty expensive and also, I think its for more matured skin na?

      Delete
  6. i think i should start using some anti-aging products too, as i will be turning 25 in this november.. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya re...ekhon thekei ja haal hochche skin er, its better to start with the anti-ageing products.

      Delete
  7. ya really true..I am buying Olay night cream for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review..hehee I would need that 4yrs later!! :P :P Will think of that then!! :D :D Happppppppppppppppppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Bdddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy in advance swtie pie!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best Anti Aging Cream.Olay gave good results on my wrinkles. It mad miracle.

    ReplyDelete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)