Faces Canada Nail Enamel - Shade Persimmon(01) Review

Hey ya ladies! I am back with another nail polish review. I was looking for some neon orange and yellow shades. Faces Canada has been one of my favourite brands and I thought of trying out their nail polishes this time, and got the Persimmon shade for myself. Did it became my fave? Read on to know more.



PRICE: Rs.99

QUANTITY: 7ml

SWATCH / NOTD:



You can also check two more NOTDs with this polish, here and here

MY EXPERIENCE: First thing that caught my attention, was the shade. It reminds me of the color of the pulp of a ripe mango. Not that I am a big fan of mangoes, but the color is so beautiful. It is a neonish,bright orangish shade, the kind that makes mothers go "eew! what kind of shade is that" :P. The consistency is medium thick and would have spread nicely, had the brush was better at applying. The brush is pathetic (sorry forgot to take a pic of it) and almost like a "jhaaru (sweeper's brush :P)". It makes application streaky and putting a second coat turns horrific. It takes around 15 mins to dry up, and starts chipping in two days on my nails but that might be due to uneven application. What I have seen from other swatches, the 40+ available shades are a mix of different finishes and quality. So, my views are specific for this shade only.

WHAT I LIKED:
  • The shade is a bright orange shade which I like.
  • No OTT smell.
  • It is Toluene & DBP free.
  • 40+ shades to choose from.
  • Dries up decently fast.
  • Pretty affordable.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • The brush with this shade is pathetic. I hope they get consistent with the packaging and brushes, as I have heard good reviews for some shades and not so good reviews for some other shades.
  • Availability might be a problem, though you can buy it easily online.
VERDICT:
I really liked the shade. But because of the brush, I am not willing daring to try out the other shades. Hope I have a better luck if I get one next time.

RATINGS: 3.25 out of 5

16 comments:

  1. Hey Pooja..I have this too,I love the shade in bottle but on my hands it makes them look dark,but thats the thing with all neon shades I guess..Yes my brush is pathetic too!
    http://budgetbelleza.blogspot.in/2012/07/budget-belleza-in-new-look.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes neonish shades makes hands look dark...aww, bad u have the same problem with the brush! :X

      Delete
  2. just love this shade.....even my hands will love dark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. isn't it..that's why I got it in the first place :)...wish the brush was a bit better

      Delete
  4. hey Pooja.. i think faces polishes comes with pathetic brushes... many other gals says d same.. includes me 2 :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not much into neon shades!! Still, it looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shade looks so lovely...would love to give it a try!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the shade..!! but agree on the stupid brush it comes with!!

    nice review Pooja... :)

    ReplyDelete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)