ColorBar Perfect Gloss-Winter Plum (004) Review


I am more of a lipgloss girl than a lipstick one. This is my first gloss from ColorBar. I bought it from a pantaloons outlet some 2 years back and at that time I had never heard of this brand. When the SA was swatching it on my hand, I was skeptical about the product.  But, recently when I started my online makeup quest, I came across some great reviews about this brand. It was an eye-opener for me that pocket-friendly makeup is not only about Lakme, Maybelline or Elle18 products. My gloss is now nearing its expiry date and I have also stopped using it for quite sometime because it is giving some weird oily smell.

Let’s get on with this product,


 

PRICE: I don’t remember exactly. Blame it on my memory or my disinterest when I bought it. But, when I googled it up it showed around Rs.125.

QUANTITY: 6ml.


SHADE: Winter Plum (004)

SWATCH:

INGREDIENTS: Not listed.

MY EXPERIENCE:

I don’t do much makeup. A bit of gloss and some kohl liner is what I need most of the occasions. Hence any make up product lasts me very long and some goes to waste too :(
 
WHAT I LIKED:
  • The color pay-off  is good.
  • It did not dry out or chapped my lips. Well, I guess I have normal lips. They don’t dry out or get chapped easily.
  • Creamy consistency. Hence it moisturizes the lips.
  • No shimmer or glitter particles. But it does leave a nice sheen to your lips.
  • The doe foot applicator works fine and gives even and smooth application.
  • Price is very reasonable.
  • ColorBar products are now easily available in all leading stores.
  • There are other shades available too.

WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • It is not much glossy as I like it in lip glosses which makes the lips look fuller.
  • Transfers to objects it touches.
  • Stays on for hardly 1 hr.  But that’s the case with almost all lipglosses and we do like to reapply them time to time, isn’t it?
  • I personally don’t like the creamy consistency. It feels more lipstick kind than a gloss.
  • This particular shade didn’t suit me much. Blame it again on my disinterest while buying it. :P or maybe I like my pinks better.
  • The Colorbar website is not displaying any information about this product anymore. So I am not sure about the availability of this product.

VERDICT:

This worked okayish for me. I would like to try some other products from their range as I have heard a lot of good things about this brand.

RATINGS: 3.5 out of 5.

P.S. :  If you liked my post or want to say something about the product, then please leave a comment in the comment box below. I would love to hear from you.


4 comments:

  1. Color bar is a good brand.....I too prefer lip gloss over lipstick....but in last December I bought a lipstick of dis brand from pantaloons by getting convinced from the sales personnel present there n thought what dis'll be, buying 4m some unknown brand......but now I can say its OKKK....the color stays for quite a long time....n so I hope dis lip gloss range will also work out.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ankita even i read some great reviews of this brand...also with its growing popularity they are increasing the price range also....

    after i finish my lotus herbals eye kohl liner i m planning to get ColorBar I-glide....I have heard loads of good things about it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect gloss have so pretty shades n very affordable too..I liked 001 pink..was searching everywhere..bt everyhere dey say its discontinued now :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. oww dats sad :(
    I was thinking to check out the other shades too...didnt know they have discontinued it..

    ReplyDelete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)