Hey all. Today I am feeling a bit under the weather. A drastic weather change is spreading the viral fever like anything. But hey I still have to do this post for all the love I am getting here. So what’s on the menu today?
It is my all-seasons body lotion - Vaseline Healthy White Skin Lightening Body Milk.
WHAT IT CLAIMS:
- Vitamin B3 is known to enhance skin’s natural lightening process to help bring out its natural fairness.
- Yogurt serum helps provide moisturization and nourishment to skin.
- Triple sunscreen - to help prevent further darkening caused by damaging, UVA and UVB rays
I started using this product from the time it was launched in India. At that time it used to cost 110 INR then increased to 130 INR and now 165 INR for 300 ml with a Pond’s face wash free nowadays (which I never use). What I love the most about this product is its consistency (seems they have thickened the consistency a bit with price rise). It is very light, feels more like water based.
I have weird skin type – dry to combination sensitive skin which flakes if I don’t use any cream/moisturizer and gets oily after minimal application of those, in all seasons. :( So this is kinda miracle product which helps my skin a lot in every season. Following is my take on the product,
WHAT I LIKED:
- It gets absorbed in the skin quickly. The whitish cast vanishes in few seconds.
- I apply it on my face too as I can’t stand any other heavy creams on my face. It helped a lot in reducing acne marks blemishes. But it may also cause breakouts if applied in really hot and humid weather.
- Fragrance is very subtle and nice. Lingers on the skin for an hour or two which I like.
- A daily useable lotion. One 300 ml bottle lasts me 1-1.5 months depending on usage. On hot-humid days I prefer not to apply any lotion/creams.
- Non sticky and light to feel yet very moisturizing.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- I don’t think it acts greatly as a sunscreen. If I go out then my hands get tanned even after application. But when at home for a few days it helps to regain back the even tone if regularly used.
- I hate the price hike every few months.
- When it was launched, I used to get water based consistency feeling from the lotion, now the consistency is more creamy. If it gets any creamier, I would switch to others.
- Not suitable for people with very dry skin in winters.
- Don’t expect it to be a skin whitening product though the name and ads suggests so. Lightens blemishes, tan visibly but only through regular usage.
Oh I love the product till now. I am even contemplating on to call it my HG body lotion. :) Try it and let me know how you feel about it.
RATINGS: 4.5 out of 5 (-.5 for ever increasing price and consistency)