Himalaya Protein Hair Cream Review


Hey all beauties! :)
I am back with another review as promised. Today I am going to review a protein hair cream from Himalaya which is a quite successful herbal brand (though it use some inactive chemical preservatives :-O ) out here. I was very fond of their Nourishing skin cream and was regular user of it for quite a while. Then I started experimenting with other brands and completely forgot about it. Anyway coming back to the Protein Hair Cream that is I am going to review today, which I bought in a smaller tube size and Thank God! that I didn’t buy the larger tub as it was not available. Why so? Well read on,


 

WHAT THE PRODUCT CLAIMS :

Action : Nourishes your hair with Natural Proteins derived from ingredients like Wheatgerm and Chickpea. Indian Gooseberry and Thistles promote hair growth. Use regularly before and after shampooing for well nourished, soft and shiny hair. It contains Chanaka (Chickpea), which is a rich and natural source of protein that helps in hair growth along with Godhuma (Wheatgerm), which is also a good source of protein and vitamin E. Amalaki (Indian Gooseberry), acts as an anti-oxidant and hair growth promoter while Bhringaraja (Thistles) strengthens hair root and prevents hair fall. Protein hair cream nourishes hair root and shaft.
"
PRICE:  Rs.35


QUANTITY: 50 ml (Available in 175g tub also)
 
INGREDIENTS:






MY EXPERIENCE:
I have dry, frizzy hair; hence to tame the frizz and adding smoothness to my hair I bought this Protein cream. As you can see, the cream is thick in texture. I used it after shampooing as a leave-in conditioner. Following is my take on the product,


WHAT I LIKED:

  • Very pocket friendly in the small size tube.
  • Tube packaging is considerably hygienic than a tub as you don’t have to dip your fingers to scoop up product.
  • A nice sharp, herbal smell which lingers for first 15-20mins.
  • The whole ingredients list is given on back as well as on their website.


WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • It failed to do its sole purpose of taming my hair. It just made my hair look limp. Even applying small quantity didn’t help as it didn’t cover up my whole scalp and hair.
  • The tube lasted me hardly 4-5 times of usage. Don’t know if they really give such less quantity or only my pack was faulty.
  • It made my hair look limp and oily.
  • I went to buy the tub one first and it was out of stock everywhere. But after using it I am relieved that I didn’t waste my money on the bigger version.
VERDICT:
It didn’t work as per my expectations hence wouldn’t buy it again. And whether to recommend you or not, I don’t know because Himalaya products are quite good and it can be hit for you though it is a miss for me.

RATINGS: 3.5 out of 5

11 comments:

  1. Hey pooja, nice review..try using this cream an hour before shampoo..I have hair same as yours and it makes my hair limp too if I use after a shampoo but the gives great results if u use before shamppo..let me know if it works..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mehak...thanx for stopping by
    about the product..I would say u r not missing on much :P...though no harm in trying it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. m yet to use this one ... still lying in my wardrobe .. i agree with prachi .. use it an hour before shampooing yr hair ... hope it helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok will try it with the last scraping amount left :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi friends,
    .i am a new viewer to this site..the above review is very useful..i had thick and long hair when i was 18..after that it starts falling..now i am 22 my hair is too thin and medium length..i wanna my actual hair back.Is the cream is useful for hair growth..?? if no,pls find a suitable method to stop my hairfall.. I dont want looks to my hair..just want thick and long hair..pls help me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hairfall problem occurs due to many reasons: stress, hormonal problems, Trichotillomania (where in a person is habituated to pulling or twisting hair from the scalp), excessive dandruff, lack of proper nutrition.

      This cream won't help in regeneration of hair. Using hair oil with Vit. E helps in regeneration of hair. Also there are many hair tonics available for regenarating new hair. Just google and check on their reviews and use one that suits your needs.
      Also, change the hair parting style once in a while, else hair gets strained on one side leading to baldness on that area. However, I am no hair expert, so I would suggest you to seek expert/medical advice if you see alarming rate of hairfall or patches of baldness.

      Delete
  6. hi friends,
    i dont want my hair to looks great..i just want my hair as thick and long..anyone here know that the cream helps in hair growth..? pls reply me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use the product as a live-in conditioner. It works well for me. I have long, shiny curls :) It's definitely worth a try. Everyone has different hair texture. So, I think you should test the product for yourself once.
    Good luck ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This product does weigh the hair down when used after shampooing.. However, as an oil or deep conditionaing treatment, this stuff is amaaaazing :)

    ReplyDelete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)