Shahnaz Hussain Forever: Henna Precious Herb Mix


It is a Monday afternoon and I am feeling so sleepy and lazy. Well a long holiday leave surely goof up your habits. :D
Today I am going to review a product which is the only “food”…errmm I mean nutrition :P ….I give to my hair once a month. It is a henna pack by Shahnaz Hussain which I am using for last 6-7 years as far as I remember, with a seldom experiment with other brands (Habibs, Nupur, etc).




PRICE:  Rs. 85

QUANTITY: 100 g

INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS TO USE:
 



Please click to enlarge




HOW I USE IT: Unlike the instructions given, following is what I do.


I know the pic looks gross. But “you got to do what you have to do” to get the beautiful tresses. I mix curd/yoghurt and boiled tea to the required amount of henna. I keep the mixture to set for 5 mins only or as long as it takes to brush my hair prior to application. Then I apply it from root to tips all over and wound my hair into a bun. I keep it on for 2 hrs to get color. Wash it off and shampoo twice so that no particles remain (Many don’t like to shampoo it so that the color doesn’t wash off but I can’t stand the grittiness on my head and smell of curd ).

RESULT:
 
Please excuse my stupid attempt of clicking self pics.

Soft, shiny hair with a reddish brown/burgundy tinge which I love. This time I used Amul yoghurt (instead of homemade one) and it seemed to make my hair real smooth and soft. It was really awesome. Do try it.

MY EXPERIENCE:
I am using it for so many years. Need I say more!

WHAT I LIKED:
  • The smell is really nice unlike other hennas that have some strong herbal smells.
  • Conditions and colours my hair naturally. Somehow Habib’s one didn’t condition my hair enough.
  • Help to clean my scalp. I get that feeling after every use.
  • Decent price. Though I miss the 200gm pack that used to come packed in a tub. I had a huge collection of those tubs.
  • One pack lasts me 4 times of usage. Length of my hair is about 3 inches below the shoulder.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • Nothing I could think of….err…other than the ghastly looks of the lady concerned with the brand. :P Sorry I shouldn’t be so mean.

VERDICT:
I love it and recommend to you too.

RATINGS: 5 out of 5

12 comments:

  1. Interesting! I've never seen this done before. Your hair looks great. =)

    -Dinah
    dgsbeauty.com

    *Check out my giveaway:
    http://www.dgsbeauty.com/2011/06/dgsbeautys-100-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dinah....It is a traditional Indian way to color hair..Henna/Mehendi is a herb...It is also used for temporary tattoo designs on hands/feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. o i love shahnaz hussain , and her henna precious herbs mix is awesome. i mix it with egg, curd for conditioning. when i want colour i mix it with some amla powder, soak it with tea for an hour and apply. by the way i am one of those who doesnt shampoo the henna off on the same day. i apply oil to my dry hair after washing off the henna and towel drying my hair. i wash the oil off my hair after an hour or 2, often keeping it for the whole day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Supriya...i hav heard too..dat oil locks in the color....thanks for commenting...follow me if u like :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I think mehndi is applied to aunties hair only.lol..Now i am going to apply it too after seeing your lovely hair:-)
    I have heard of shahnaz hussain but i am not confirm.Is she from Pakistan??

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Samreen No, its has been used for conditioning hair since so many years. Shahnaz Hussain is considered the queen of herbal care in India. Read her bio here if u want : http://www.whereincity.com/india/great-indians/women/shahnaz-husain.php

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok thanks for the post.My mom uses indian mehndi but its name is Amir's mehndi...I will try to find Shanaz Hussain products in Paksitan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. U mentioned that u mix curd/yoghurt and boiled tea to the required amount of henna.

    How much of henna is required?As for boiled tea,u re saying just add tea powder and hot water to mix the tea then pour it into with the curd/yogurt with Henna?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Equal proportion of henna powder and yoghurt(creamy part)depending upon the length of hair to cover it fully, and boiled tea (liquid part only) as much is required accordingly to make the paste medium thick in consistency.

      Boil tea normally as you do for drinking purpose (minus the sugar and milk part). Say take a cup of water and add 1tsp of tea, and bring it to boil so that the water turns dark brown/red. Add only reqd. amount of this boiled tea to the paste.

      Delete
  9. PLS HELP ME ......... THIS MIXTURE SHOULD WE KEEP FOR OVERNIGHT?

    ReplyDelete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)