It is a Monday afternoon and I am feeling so sleepy and lazy. Well a long holiday leave surely goof up your habits. :D
Today I am going to review a product which is the only “food”…errmm I mean nutrition :P ….I give to my hair once a month. It is a henna pack by Shahnaz Hussain which I am using for last 6-7 years as far as I remember, with a seldom experiment with other brands (Habibs, Nupur, etc).
PRICE: Rs. 85
QUANTITY: 100 g
INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS TO USE:
|Please click to enlarge|
HOW I USE IT: Unlike the instructions given, following is what I do.
I know the pic looks gross. But “you got to do what you have to do” to get the beautiful tresses. I mix curd/yoghurt and boiled tea to the required amount of henna. I keep the mixture to set for 5 mins only or as long as it takes to brush my hair prior to application. Then I apply it from root to tips all over and wound my hair into a bun. I keep it on for 2 hrs to get color. Wash it off and shampoo twice so that no particles remain (Many don’t like to shampoo it so that the color doesn’t wash off but I can’t stand the grittiness on my head and smell of curd ).
|Please excuse my stupid attempt of clicking self pics.|
Soft, shiny hair with a reddish brown/burgundy tinge which I love. This time I used Amul yoghurt (instead of homemade one) and it seemed to make my hair real smooth and soft. It was really awesome. Do try it.
I am using it for so many years. Need I say more!
WHAT I LIKED:
- The smell is really nice unlike other hennas that have some strong herbal smells.
- Conditions and colours my hair naturally. Somehow Habib’s one didn’t condition my hair enough.
- Help to clean my scalp. I get that feeling after every use.
- Decent price. Though I miss the 200gm pack that used to come packed in a tub. I had a huge collection of those tubs.
- One pack lasts me 4 times of usage. Length of my hair is about 3 inches below the shoulder.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- Nothing I could think of….err…other than the ghastly looks of the lady concerned with the brand. :P Sorry I shouldn’t be so mean.
I love it and recommend to you too.
RATINGS: 5 out of 5