Elle 18 Nail Pops - Shade 47 Review and my first NOTD for blog


This is one from my recent haul. Elle18 is quite a craze among the teenagers (atleast it was in my teens), because of its dirt price, quirky packaging, and innumerable shades availability. The brand recently got a nice makeover and is now known as Elle 18 Color Bombs with a cute name for each of its range. The nail polishes are named as Nail Pops.

The shade I am reviewing is a sweet summery pink on the darker side. The shade number is 47. No shade name is given.




PRICE:  Rs.45

QUANTITY: 5 ml

INGREDIENTS: Not listed.



Here it is ‘popping my nails’. Please excuse my sloppy application. 2 coats applied without any base coat or top coat.


MY EXPERIENCE:
It was, is and always will be my most affordable brand nail-polish since my teens. This particular shade suits me quite well. Following is my take on the product,

WHAT I LIKED:
  • The color is a pretty pink which I think would suit most of the skin tones.
  • It is sooo affordable. You can surely make a huge collection out of the all 48 shades.
  • Two coats are enough to give an opaque color.
  • Doesn’t lose its shine due to household work.
  • No OTT smell.

WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • The applicator brush sucks. They could have invested on a makeover for them too.
  • Chips after two days. But I am not complaining. Pricey ones does too.
  • Though it comes with a shelf life of 36 months from pkd. but dries up quickly than that  in the bottle. Also discharges some oily liquid on the top within few weeks. But shaking the bottle prior usage takes care of that.
  • Not all shades are available at the same time at the same place :P

VERDICT:
I like it. Only if they improve the applicator brush! I would collect some other colors that catches my eye. One can play safe with the colors at the same time not make a big hole in their pockets.

RATINGS:  3.5 out of 5

7 comments:

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)