Hey lovelies! Hope you all are doing fine. I am here today to review my kind-of-first lipstick.... (well the first one solely bought 'for myself' , 'by myself', with 'my pocket money'..hope you get what I mean! :P )....as you might know I am a lipgloss lover. :)
As I have said earlier too , Elle18 comes with dirt price, quirky packaging, and numerable shades availability. The brand recently got a nice makeover and is now known as Elle 18 Color Bombs with a cute name for each of its range. The lipstick range is named as Color Burst Lipstick. There are some 25 shades available. See the pic below.
|From Google Images|
The shade I am reviewing is Apple Springs.
QUANTITY: 4.3 ml
INGREDIENTS: Contains Cocoa butter. Other than this nothing is mentioned.
The shade Apple Springs is a nice red color with some coral/orangish undertones. It looks very bright when applied on plain lips. When I applied it on my bare lips, though it made my face look bright, however I think this particular shade made me look more old than my age :P and this is not at all a daytime wearable shade. The shade is much more wearable in evening/wedding parties/festivals etc, with traditional Indian outfits.
I now use it in the following manner. First I apply some lipbalm on my lips and then dab some of this lipstick over it and rub both upper and lower lips to even it out. The result is a nice reddish lips which look very natural (more like tinted lipbalm) and is so wearable in the daytime.
WHAT I LIKED:
- The color is opaque and gives a good coverage with one swipe. I think this should work on pigmented lips too.
- Comes with Cocoa butter. Love the smell. And also it wouldn't dry up your lips.
- It won't pinch your pocket much.
- Elle 18 Color Burst Lipsticks are surely safe and best buys for makeup newbies like me who are on hunt for their right shades to suit their skintone best.
- I love the cute packaging.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- It bleeds/feathers. But I think it could be solved using a lip liner (I didn't use it ).
- It fades away unevenly, which is the major turnoff for me.
- Staying power is not good.
- Transfers to objects.
I love the effect when I use it like in the second method explained above. Except the second con stated above I don't have much problem using this product. Comeon, at 100 bucks, a lipstick with goodness of cocoa butter, and so many shades availbility is surely a good grab. I recommend it to all makeup newbies like me who don't want to create a deep hole in their pocket and yet try out some fun shades.
RATINGS: 3.5 out of 5