Tips & Toes Sheer Shine Lip Gloss – Strawberry (01) Review




A big hello to all of you. Today I am going to review about one of my favourite makeup product: LIPGLOSS. I was introduced to lipglosses when I was in high-school and from then I am head over heels in love with them.
Tips & Toes Sheer Shine Lip Gloss was my second brand experiment for lip glosses during my graduation years (my first one and a few succeeding ones was of course Lakme…which I guess is most teenage girls favourite ..which I am going to review about soon…..GOSH!! I miss being in my teens!! …does 23+ sound really so old???)  
Actually this was also an accidental buy like the ColorBar one. The SA at my local cosmetics shop (which sells Lakme products mainly) didn’t have my favourite Lakme gloss, so another SA of Tips & Toes lured me towards her showing me these lipglosses. And so I got my first Tips & Toes Sheer Shine Lip Gloss in strawberry. And somehow it didn’t disappoint me altogether.






PRICE: Rs.145


QUANTITY: 15ml

INGREDIENTS:




INFO FROM THEIR WEBSITE (click to enlarge)

 
SWATCH:






MY EXPERIENCE:


I like to apply my lipglosses on bare lips. This really gives me a full lips effect. It is very shiny as it contains lots of tiny glitter particles. Following is what I like or don’t like about this product.


WHAT I LIKED:


  • Comes in a plastic tube with nozzle on the mouth. I feel it is quite a hygienic technique since you can clean the mouth of the tube after every use.
  • The colour is what I liked the most. It is not nude and gives a tint to your lips. I think this colour would suit all skin tones.
  • It is one of the budget-buys thingy.
  • It has got this strawberry bubble-gum smell which I like. But might not be so likeable to others.
  • Stays put 1.5 hr-2 hr without eating/drinking. Well, I think glosses are meant to be reapplied time to time :P
  • When I bought it I have never heard of this brand ( I am sure many of you haven’t). But it seems it is quite a popular product and they have their own website too. Isn’t that cool!


WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:


  • It gives a sticky feeling.
  • The glitter particles are a bit gritty to the feel sometimes.
  • When rubbed and washed with plain water the glitter particles get all over the mouth area of the face. Or maybe I am still not apt at removing makeup!
  • It leaked once in my purse and from then I have stopped using it.
  • Availability might be an issue. You should try local cosmetics stores or try store locator at their website.



VERDICT:
Till the time I used it I was quite happy with the results on my lips. You can surely give it a try.


RATINGS: 3 out of 5.

P.S. :  If you liked my post or want to say something about the product, then please leave a comment in the comment box below. I would love to hear from you.


2 comments:

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)